There may be a lot of reasons as to why you would deem it necessary to change the web hosting provider that you currently have to another web hosting provider. Usually this happens if for instance the web hosting provider that you chose is free of charge. This may also be the case if the web hosting provider would no longer be able to support the storage or bandwidth you require.
Before actually transferring to a new web hosting provider, you should have thought about it well and made plans as to what needs to be done. First and foremost, you would need to deal with finding and making up your mind as to which web hosting provider would you transfer to. The moment that you have already chosen a particular web hosting provider, you would also need to relocate the server of your website in order to make certain that everything runs smoothly. However, you should have a back up of the website from the original web hosting provider before transferring to the new one.
If you feel the need to make changes to the website that you currently have, then this would be the most appropriate time to do these changes whether this change pertains to creating a new layout or design for your web pages, or make changes with regard to the storage as well as the database.
You would have to place a link on your previous website that will redirect the visitor to the new website and this should be done during the first two days since you moved to the new site. This would make people aware, most especially the constant visitors of your website that you actually moved to a better site in order to make things even more convenient for them.
One should remember that it may take 2 days before your new website becomes visible on different domain servers on the Internet. You may also take these into consideration in order to make the relocation of your website more convenient for you.
1) You should try to browse through different sites that offer reviews as well as various kinds of forums in order to check on the feedback relating to the web hosting provider that you intend to register for. The comments and feedback that you may get a chance to read would help you ascertain the kind of service that the website is able to provide.
2) Availability of features that are similar to the web hosting provider that you currently have should be taken into consideration as well as other services that this new web hosting provider possesses.
3) One of things that you should take a look at from the new web hosting provider that you are going to get is the server of the web host. If it is a shared server, the system should not include any kind of huge traffic site since this may also affect your own website.
4) A compatibility check should be made in order to ensure that everything would still work well with the new web hosting provider. You may also verify if the web hosting provider is Windows-based or Unix-based.
5) Make certain that if you have used Microsoft Frontpage to create parts of the website that you currently have, the new web hosting provider should also be able to recognize Frontpage files.
6) It is necessary for you to verify the actual amount of storage that you would need to use up for the files that are being used on the website, and at the same time the new web hosting provider should also give you the means to expand, by providing more space.
7) You should also know about the policy of the new web hosting provider that you are going to get with regard to extra bandwidth, just to make sure that you know what to do if your site encounters a situation wherein it becomes busy, then you know what to do.
After uploading all the data of your site to the new web hosting provider, it would be best to check if the website is working the way it should be, which means that you need to view it before you actually allow other people to visit it.
Read The Whole Article - Switching Web Hosting Provider